- 3-5 Years of Restaurant/ Hospitality Experience at GM Level or Above
- Proven Track Record with Professional Hospitality Organizations
- Proficient in P&L Evaluation, Understanding Cost of Goods Sold, Budgeting, HR Competencies
- Ability to Create an Amazing Employee and Guest Experience
- True Leadership Capabilities
The General Manager is tasked with leading a Management team and managing multiple areas in a fast paced work environment. Other competencies include making operational decisions in a timely manner, meeting financial goals while leading your team to work in a collaborative manner to exceed guest expectations leading to increased revenue.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM AS A GENERAL MANAGER?
Main Event Entertainment is a fast growing, high quality organization looking to select career minded individuals. You will have the opportunity to manage and lead a large team utilizing all your past experience and skills. We value all of our team members ideas and truly practice the "Run It Like You Own It" core value giving you the inspiration to be the best in the industry.
WHAT MAKES A GREAT GENERAL MANAGER?
- 21 years + of age
- 5+ years of restaurant/hospitality experience at GM Level or Above
- The ability to oversee all aspects of the business - from the smallest details to the big picture
- Experience in developing and maintaining an exceptional guest focused environment
- High volume experience
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING ON A DAILY BASIS?
- Leading a salaried management team of 8-10
- Overseeing a team of 120-150 hourly team members to exceed guests expectations
- Displaying financial understanding by summarizing/analyzing information for P&L reviews, operational revenues, measuring weekly Cost of Goods Sold, services contracts, other and cost objectives
- Demonstrating proactive leadership by ensuring positive staff and guest experiences through personal interactions
- Guest service focused team members in areas of recruiting, hiring, coaching, training and contentious professional development
- Living our core values along with leading others to do so while collaborating with the management team to achieve high-quality and timely results, and guest satisfaction
- Embracing teamwork while leading others to do the same
Being a GM at Main Event takes a well rounded person that has skills in many avenues. You have to be able to manage and control the numbers and business competencies while also being an effective leader that can connect to a younger team and maximize their productivity in a positive manner. Main Event has always been about the people. A job is a job, but the people of Main Event are what make it so great. It's not just a job, it becomes a part of your life. The people and culture become ingrained in you.
- Jason, General Manager, Tennessee
It's a great place to spend your career! You will be recognized for hard work and there is always room for growth.
- Josh, General Manager, Texas
This job requires a kind and caring person that is willing to go out of their way to make sure we are always doing right by the staff and guest. The growth of our company is unbelievable and they always seem to do right by their employees.
- John, General Manager, Illinois